Monday, July 6, 2009

Travelling and Unravelling

A little while ago I took advantage of the super-cheap flights over to the US and booked myself a trip for three weeks to visit friends and have some creative thinking time away from my day-to-day life.


Finally the time has come for me to pack all of my summer clothes and packets of Tim Tams, as I leave this Sunday! I fly via LA to NYC (picture above by Kat Macleod), so I'm planning a few days of mooching about the big apple with two lovely friends, taking photos, visiting studios - then hopping on the cheap Chinatown bus to Philadelphia (I spent 5 months living there last year)!

The last time I got one of these buses it said on the front that it was going to Cape Cod - although I was told emphatically by some woman waving bus tickets at me, that it was heading to Philly. It was 9.30pm, we were all standing on a dirty Chinatown street corner on Manhattan Island - who were we to argue - everyone was in total confusion. The man next to me kept falling asleep on my shoulder. It's a weird, slightly exhilerating, feeling sitting on a bus not really sure where you're going to end up! Haha - feels like the way my life is at the moment!

It's good timing then that Susannah Conway's Unravelling Ecourse starts Monday July 13th - so right at the beginning of my creative break! This gives me the time to be totally selfish and really focus on reconnecting with who I am, look back at where I've been and work out where I want to go next...maybe it will be Cape Cod after all?

7 comments:

  1. I hope all of your traveling goes well! We will be in The Cape next month. Look forward to Unravelling with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello fellow Unraveller! Glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another unraveller here - and I must know. Tim-tams? They sound delicious, and I will be quite embarrassed if I discover thay are not something you eat. But I am asking anyway. LOL!

    :) Debi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Debi - Tim Tams are the BEST chocolate biscuit ever! Ask any Australian, and they're sure to tell you about the Tim Tam Slam - which is where you bite a little bit of the biscuit from adjacent corners, and then use it in your coffee like a straw - it turns the inside of the biscuit into a molten mess of goodness that you have to pop into your mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Danielle, yet another fellow Unraveller here dropping by to say hello! Hope you have a marvellous creative trip, a wonderful journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You better be stopping in here for a visit, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura! It was going to be a surprise!! Will be in this coming week!

    ReplyDelete